Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Thursday 26 March 2015

Double birthday

It was Dad's birthday as well as my brother's at the weekend. I had to make some quick cards because we are still dashing around to hospital appointments in between emergency call outs to Mother in Law in the night, and sorting out her carers etc, and not telling her all that is going on so we don't worry her.
We bought my Dad a couple of duck sculptures from the National Trust shop a few weeks ago, it is hard to know what to get him really, but I had this stamp in mind. Oh Duck is by Sheena Douglas, I haven't used it before on a card but I remembered I had stamped sheets of it (I hoped I remembered correctly - I did phew!), and after searching through 3 boxes of stamped and printed images I found it (might have been quicker to stamp it again lol). I added a bit of colour with Prismacolor pencils, a bit of manly ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and die cut Dad (Spellbinders) and Happy Birthday (Impression Obsession). Unfortunately the words ended up decidedly crooked and the the permanent Xyron sticker adhesive was unforgiving so they had to stay wonky!


My Brother's card, he asked me if this was because he lives in S Wales (hadn't even crossed my mind, it was a toss up between this and the Silly Moo image). This is also a Sheena Douglas stamp, again the words are wonky and you can see the adhesive - I did rub a bit more off before I gave it to him. I used more of the masculine ribbon from Crafty Ribbons, and die cuts by Spellbinders and IO dies as before.

I have entered the following challenges (rubbish entries but you have to try):
Creative Card Crew - Easter Critters (Tues)
TTCRD - anything goes week of 24th March (Tues)
Addicted to Stamps - make your mark (Wed/Fri)
Crafty Gals - anything goes (Wed)
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with ribbon (Thurs)
Creative Fingers - #73 anything goes (Fri)
Stamping Sensations - for the guys (March)

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like your life is so busy Carol one thing for sure your cards are amazing and l reckon both loved them lots they are gorgeous take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine cards! Thanks for sharing at CGC Anything Goes. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. your duck card reminds me of the kids movie the aristocats and the two lady ducks that dive for the cat and say bottoms up!!!! love it thanks for joining us at creative card crew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your masculine cards - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant male cards Carol. Sounds like your life is crazy at the minute so how you produced such gorgeous cards is just amazing. Thanks for sharing them with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great masculine cards Carol and both perfect for our theme, thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great men's cards, wonderful stamping! Thank you for sharing your cards at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. two great cards! fabulous colouring! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations for our Male theme and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What awesome animal cards and I love the Sentiments. Thank you for sharing your work with TTCRD this week and please come and join us again tomorrow with our new Anything goes Challenge. Visit me at http://ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my....sounds like your days are filled with a whole lot of hectic! Hope things will settle soon! Your cards: handsome and striking (and dare I say, pretty, as well *grin*)! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great masculine cards both, and fab images :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.