Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Wednesday 30 July 2014

How Old?


I made this card with two challenges in mind, Visible Image July challenge - anything goes using Visible Image stamps of course, and the DCWV July Stackaholic challenge for which there was a sketch.

This is the sketch which I turned upside down. I used the All About Boys DCWV stack for my card, and I thought the cowboy papers went so well with  Silverheels from Visible Image, which I bought from That Craft Place in the sale, bargain!
Tonto is coloured with Promarkers, his hair came out ginger in the photo, I was trying to go for darker but with a red tint and clearly failed! I also coloured the fire and hatchet with Promarkers.
How is cut in grey board from packaging to which I stuck copper slug tape, yes slug tape! Normally this stops the slugs from eating the plants in the pots is it around, not this year! Anyway I thought it was so pretty I could use it on cards somehow. I think it would emboss well too.
Old is cut from brown textured card, all letters are die cut with Sizzix Lollypop alphabet dies. I cut some smoke puffs using a speech bubble die from a Papermania set.
The train is punched from red card with a Martha Stewart punch. The card blank is an 8"x8" Card Craft scalloped blank.

Challenges entered:
Visible Image - July anything goes
DCWV Stackaholic challenge - sketch (Aug 4th for top 12)
Addicted to Stamps - #106 Anything goes (Wed - 10 challenges)
Art By Miran - #11 anything goes (winners 15th Aug)
Creative Fingers - #44 anything goes (Fri)
Fussy and Fancy - #119 Words (winners 15th Aug)
Graphit Markers - July, Hot Colours (Aug 8th)
That Craft Place - anything goes (Sun 3rd Aug)

7 comments:

  1. You have created a cool anything goes card! I like the punched train top. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great silhouette and fab design. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect for a little boy! Thanks so much for playing with us at ATSM. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful take on the sketch and I love the Indian theme.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fun card, love the wild west theme xxx Thank you for entering the Fussy & Fancy Challenge and good luck xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, love all the cowboy details.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cowboys and indians, such a fun card, well done. Leona (Creative fingers DT) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.