Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for visiting today, I hope you will stay a while. Slide shows are at the bottom of this page. Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Sunday 16 March 2014

What is in my Quirky Cupboard?

Whoo hoo, my turn to set the challenge and it is based on the image supplied by the sponsor Crackerbox Palace. It is all about cupboards, shelves or dressers, and they must have contents!
The team used the digi version of this but I had the stamp set which I won some time ago so I decided to use it and the sentiment it comes with.
I cut out and coloured two cupboards, and layered them together with foam for depth to add embellishments. I coloured the foam tape to match, colours used are Denim Blue blended with Cyan and Ruby Red Promarkers for the hearts. I added some "wallpaper and carpet" using DCWV paper and some card stock, die cut with a Grand Nestability scalloped square die, added gingham ribbon to cover the join (gingham skirting??) and mounted that on a panel of teal cardstock, which has narrow and wider heart ribbon top and bottom (all ribbon was from Crafty Ribbons), and faux stitching with a white pencil, and added the die cut sentiment to the bottom. Then went hunting in my stash for the mini cans, and found a few other embellies to use! This said Mother to me, so I stamped a Hero Arts sentiment and heat embossed it. 

I cut the doors off the underneath cupboard and stuck them to the back of the doors of the top cupboard, I scored the doors first so I could bend them forward, and then cut out two heart knobs to add to the doors. I wish they closed, I would have liked to have them as openable, but sadly they don't meet by a long way. Maybe they would look strange if the doors were big enough!
So hop over to Quirky Crafts to see more Cupboards or shelves and to join in the fun!

I have entered the following challenges:
Pink Gem - Mother's day 28th March
Cards Galore - use a stamp or digi (March)
Craft all Day - anything goes (March) I WON
Papertake Weekly - Bingo (die cuts, free, glitter) (Tues)
Stamping for the Weekend - anything goes (end March)
That Craft Place - Flowers and/or Mother's Day (end March)
Tuesday Throwdown - Faux stitching (now you know why I did that!)

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card design, love it. Thanks for joining us at PG, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card Cazzy! Thanks for playing bingo with us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card, and such fun little miniatures you've added! Love the white stitching too! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge! :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love the image the whole thing is just perfect.
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenges.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek, I love this, Cazzy! The cupboard is made even sweeter by the little embellishments you put inside. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Mother's Day or Special Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. The 3D is amazing and I love the sentiment.Thank-you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Use a stamped or digi stamped element #3, Denyse x

    ReplyDelete

  7. Beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore challenge 3
    Hope you can join us with our next challenge
    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so dang cute, I love all those embellies in the chest.
    thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for a great project entered into our challenge this month

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I love to hear from you. Your comment will appear in a little while when I moderate it.

You might be seeing a verification thingy here, but I have verification turned off and I believe that you will be able to ignore the verification and just leave a comment anyway! Go on - try it.